FISH HEAD CURRY
1 kg fish head,cut into pieces and mix with a little salt and turmeric.
200 gm ladies finger
100 gm fish curry powder
20 gm chilie powder
100 gm tamarind, soaked in 1 cup water and squeeze out the juice.
1 cup thick coconut milk
5 cup water
100 gm small onion,cut into 2
50 gm garlic,cut into 2
50 gm small onion and 50 gm garlic grind into a paste
½ tbsp fenugreek seeds
3 stalk of kari leafs
Salt to taste
1/3 cup oil
1. Mix the tamarind juice,coconut milk and water and keep a side.
2. Heat the oil and add in the fenugreek seeds and let it fry. Then add in the small onion and garlic. Fry till the onions became soft.
3. Add in the garlic and onion paste and kari leafs mix well and fry till the raw smell disappear.
4. Lower the heat and add in the chilie powder and curry powder mix well in the oil and add a little of tamarind water and mix well cook till the oil rise.
5. Pour in the rest of the tamarind water and mix well and let it simmer over a low heat till the gravy becomes a little thick and the oil rise.
6. Add in the salt and add in the fish mix well and let it simmer till the fish is well cooked. Add in the ladies finger mix well and cover the pan and off the heat. Let the curry stand for 1 hour before you serve for better taste.
Note: this curry is a bit sour if you don’t like it sour you can reduce the tamarind.